- How Does Lobbying Regulation Affect the Stock Prices of Firms That Lobby the Most?This research examines the effect of political activity on a firm’s value by analyzing the [...]Read more
- The Amendment of the Stock Act and the Prices of Stocks Most Held by CongressThis research suggests the stock prices of those stocks most commonly held by congressional [...]Read more
Benjamin M. Blau
- Ph.D., Finance, University of Mississippi, 2008
- MS, Economics, Utah State University, 2005
- BS, Finance, Utah State University, 2002
Dr. Benjamin M. Blau graduated with honors and received a Ph.D. in Finance from the University of Mississippi in June 2008 after receiving both his Bachelors Degree (Finance, 2002) and Masters Degree (Economics, 2005) here at Utah State University. Ben is passionate about both teaching and research. Before joining the faculty at USU, he taught at the Marriott School at Brigham Young University and was recognized for “Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching” in 2009. Ben’s research interests include asset pricing, financial markets, and financial development. He has published nearly seventy articles in academic journals such as the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, the Journal of Development Economics, and the Journal of Banking and Finance. His work has won the Outstanding Paper award in the Financial Review in 2010 and the 2012 Outstanding Article award at the Journal of Financial Research. His research has also been highlighted the Wall Street Journal, SmartMoney Magazine, Politico, and others. He has been recognized as the Huntsman School Teacher of the Year and as the Huntsman School Researcher of the Year.