The Center for Growth and Opportunity and the new experimental lab at Utah State University hosted an experimental economics workshop on November 2–4, 2017.
The focus of this workshop was experimental research with policy relevance. In this workshop, 9 participants had one hour to present and discuss their paper. This format provided in-depth peer feedback while allowing participants extensive interaction with the other workshop participants and guests.
Papers presented at the workshop were also eligible for submission to a special issue of Public Finance Review dedicated to experimental research. This journal has recently appointed a new editor (Scott Findley) who has expressed a desire to encourage the submission of papers utilizing experimental methods.
Our two keynote speakers were Vernon Smith (Chapman University) and Dan Houser (George Mason University).
- Bachir Kassas, Texas A&M University
- Mark Van Boening, Univerity of Mississippi
- Rimvydas Baltaduonis, Gettysburg College
- Olga Stoddard, Brigham Young University
- Pavitra Govindan, Brown University
- Elena Asparouhova, University of Utah
- Wenhao Young, University of South Carolina
- Bertan Turhan, ITAM
- Corin Besliu, University of Utah