- How Does Lobbying Regulation Affect the Stock Prices of Firms That Lobby the Most?This research examines the effect of political activity on a firm’s value by analyzing the impact of a policy change that increased public disclosure requirements associated with lobbying.Read more
- The Amendment of the Stock Act and the Prices of Stocks Most Held by CongressThis research suggests the stock prices of those stocks most commonly held by congressional members increase when restrictions on insider trading are relaxed.Read more
Ryan J. Whitby
- Ph.D. Finance University of Utah
- MS Finance University of Utah
- BA Business Administration Weber State University
Ryan J. Whitby received his Ph.D. in Finance from the University of Utah in 2007. He is currently an Associate Professor of Finance in the Department of Economics and Finance at the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business. Ryan has broad research interests and has published articles in a variety of finance, real estate, and economics journals. He enjoys the outdoors and can often be found falling down the mountains near USU on his mountain bike, snowboard, or skis.