CGO Undergraduate Research Fellowship
The CGO Undergraduate Research Fellowship is an opportunity for students in the Huntsman School of Business to participate in life-changing, timely, and policy-relevant economic research while working to complete an undergraduate degree. Fellows receive funding of $3,000 per semester.
CGO fellows learn by doing. Active participation in research is the core of the fellowship experience. Fellows not only do background research and fact-checking but also have opportunities to help create and present original work. In addition to research, CGO fellows cultivate their knowledge and skills through structured training and professional development sessions. Mentorship, from CGO staff, experienced students, and outside experts, is an integral component of the fellowship as well.
CGO fellowships begin in August and conclude at the end of the following spring semester. Fellowships can be renewed until the completion of the required courses for a student’s degree. Applications for the fall 2020 – spring 2021 fellowship must be received by April 1st.
- Actively participate in the full fellowship experience; fellows should expect to spend 15 – 20 hours per week on CGO-related activities (predominantly research, but also training, meetings and special events)
- Maintain good academic standing with Utah State University at all times
- Fellows must be enrolled as a full-time student at Utah State University.
- Fellows must have a declared major or minor in the Huntsman School of Business.
- Fellows must be interested in policy-relevant economic research.
- Stipend amounts to $3,000 per semester