The Undergraduate Research Fellowship at the Center for Growth and Opportunity at Utah State University is a research program for students working to complete an undergraduate degree in economics and finance.
This fellowship provides a unique, hands-on mentorship and training experience where students are equipped with skills to launch impactful careers and land spots in top graduate programs. Fellows spend their time contributing to CGO research projects, and participating in trainings, reading discussions, workshops, and guest lectures. They also have the opportunity to interact with high-profile experts and begin to create their own professional networks.
Undergraduate fellowships begin in August and conclude at the end of the following spring semester. Fellowships can be renewed until the completion of the required courses for a student’s degree.
Applications for the 2018-19 school year are closed.
Applications for the 2019 fellowship cohort will be available in January 2019 and are due March 1, 2019.
Contact Student Programs to learn more or to schedule an appointment with the director.
- Dedicate 20 hours weekly to research, program meetings, and events
- Maintain good academic standing with Utah State University at all times
- Actively participate in CGO events and opportunities
- Fellows must be enrolled as a full-time student at Utah State University
- Fellows must have a declared major or minor in the USU Department of Economics and Finance.
- 20 undergraduate fellowships awarded annually
- Stipend amounts to $3,000/semester